Chris Weil formed The Weil Company (now dba Christopher Weil & Company, Inc.) in 1989 to provide a platform for himself to do his own investing; and investing "for our own account" remains an important component of what we do. The principals of CWC co-invest alongside our clients in all of the investments we recommend. We know that whatever happens to those clients, happens to us as well.
Successful investing demands diligent and sophisticated investment management. We have deployed our management expertise in various aspects of our business.
- We manage model mutual fund portfolios, which serve as a template to implement client fund allocation recommendations
- We manage several publicly-traded mutual funds
- Since the 1970's, our affiliates have sponsored and managed over seventy private equity funds formed to invest in residential and commercial real estate, small businesses, and specialty securities portfolios
- We participate in the management or oversight of companies in our private equity portfolio primarily as board members
- We have the ability to manage assets for private equity sponsors, institutional investors, and family offices, providing a full range of financial and administrative services
We work to understand our clients' complete financial picture (resources, needs, goals) and then develop an individualized investment plan that incorporates one or more of our proprietary investment styles. This gives us the flexibility to include investments from virtually every asset class. Our advisory services include comprehensive financial reviews, estate and insurance planning, installation of and advice to retirement plans, and consultation on philanthropy and philanthropic vehicles. We work to help clients put a plan in place to create a match between resources and goals.